Construction Robotics LLC (“CR”) warrants new MULE systems to be free from defects in material and workmanship. This warranty is subject to the following:
- For new MULE systems, the Warranty Period is 18 months after date of delivery to the Buyer.
CR shall be responsible for:
- If a defect in material or workmanship is found during the Warranty Period, CR will, during normal working hours:
- Respond to the Buyer within 48 hours with an intended action plan or a service technician on-site.
- Provide (at CR’s determination) new, remanufactured, or CR approved repaired parts or assembled components needed to correct the defect.
Note: New, remanufactured, or CR approved repaired parts or assembled components provided under the terms of this warranty are warranted for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the product in which installed as if such parts were original components of that product. Items replaced under this warranty become the property of CR.
- Replace defective components and other items made unusable by the defect.
- Provide reasonable and customary labor needed to correct the defect.
- Provide travel labor, if in the opinion of CR, the product cannot reasonably be transported to the place of business of CR, a CR authorized Distributor or other source approved by CR.
The Buyer shall be responsible for:
- Performing and documenting normal maintenance per the operation and maintenance manuals and schedules. The lift cable, brake pads, gripper cams, power cords, air filters and gripper plastic wear tips are examples of parts replaced as part of normal maintenance by the Buyer.
- Provide labor and equipment, if necessary, to move the system to a serviceable location.
- Parts shipping charges in excess of those that are usual and customary.
- Costs incurred to investigate complaints for issues that are deemed to not be related to defects in material or workmanship.
- Giving timely notice of a warrantable failure and promptly making the product available for repair.
- Replacing consumable items that are expected to wear out during normal use of the system.
- Providing CR access to all electronically stored data.
Limitations and Exclusions
CR shall not be responsible for:
- Failures resulting from any use or installation that CR judges improper.
- Failures resulting from not following CR’s operations and maintenance guidelines.
- Failures resulting from attachments, accessory items, and parts not sold or approved by CR.
- Failures resulting from abuse, neglect, and/or improper repair.
- Failures resulting from unauthorized repairs or adjustments, and unauthorized setting changes.
- Damage to parts, fixtures, attachments, and accessory items that are not part of the original system.
- Consequential Damages – CR shall not be liable for any consequential, special, indirect, incidental, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, or any lost income or profits, regardless of whether arising from breach of contract or tort, even if advised of the possibility of such loss or damage or if such loss or damage could have been reasonably foreseen.
To find the location of the nearest CR Distributor or other authorized repair facility, call (585) 742-2004.
An extended warranty period may be available after the MULE system has been inspected by an authorized CR Technician. For inquiries, call (585) 742-2004.
If you have questions concerning this warranty or its applications, call or write:
Construction Robotics LLC., 7871 Lehigh Xing; Ste 1., Victor, NY 14564.
This warranty is not transferable and covers every major component and accessory of the reference MULE unit. Claims under this warranty should be submitted to a place of business of CR or other source approved by CR.